Frequently asked questions
What League is RYBA in?
* Randolph Youth Basketball Association teams compete in the Metrowest Basketball League. All games are in southeastern Massachusetts within the Route 495 belt.
Does everyone play?
* Travel basketball is competitive. Players must try out to be chosen to participate on a team. Playing time is contingent upon ability, effort and development.
How long is the season?
* There are 12 games, 6 played at the Randolph Community Middle School and 6 played in other towns in the Metrowest Basketball League. The season runs from November through March with games usually, but not always, on Sunday mornings.
How do players get to away games?
* Parents bring their children to the games, sometimes they carpool.
* Practices start in late October at the Randolph Community Middle School gymnasium. There are generally two practices per week in the evening. Practices are for RYBA players only. The coaches need to have players’ full attention in order to teach plays and develop individual skills. For safety purposes, insurance, school security, siblings and others are NOT allowed to attend practices.
When will players be notified if they have been chosen for Randolph Travel Basketball?
* Every effort will be made to notify all players by October 17. Selections will be posted on the website randolphyouthbasketball.com and notifications will be sent via email. Please make sure all parent information on registration forms is accurate and legible - your notification depends upon it.
How much will the program cost?
* The anticipated cost for the 2019 season is $250.00. The fee pays for referees, uniforms, equipment, insurance, and league fees.
- $10.00 Tryout fee will be deducted from the total cost if a player makes the travel team. In order to guarantee a player's spot on the roster please stick to the following payment schedule. If payment is not received, wait-listed players will be called to take the vacant spot on the roster.
- Option 1: Full nonrefundable payment of $250 may be paid in full by the week of October 21-25.
- Option 2: First nonrefundable installment of $90 due October 21-25. Second nonrefundable installment of $90 is due the week of November 4-8. Third nonrefundable installment of $70 is due no later than November 22, in time for uniform distribution and team photographs.
Who coaches the players?
* All players are coached by town volunteers who are CORI checked.
e: firstname.lastname@example.org www.RandolphYouthBasketball.com