Frequently asked questions
What League is RYBA in?
* Randolph Youth Basketball Association teams compete in the Metrowest Basketball League. All games are in southeastern Massachusetts within the Route 495 belt.
Does everyone play?
* Travel basketball is competitive. Players must try out to be chosen to participate on a team. Playing time is contingent upon ability, effort and development.
How long is the season?
* There are 12 games, 6 played at the Randolph High School gymnasium and 6 played in other towns in the Metrowest Basketball League. The season runs from December through March with games usually, but not always, on Sunday mornings.
How do players get to away games?
* Parents bring their children to the games, sometimes they carpool.
* Practices start in late October at the Randolph Community Middle School gymnasium. There are generally two practices per week in the evening. Practices are for RYBA players only. The coaches need to have players’ full attention in order to teach plays and develop individual skills. For safety purposes, insurance, school security, siblings and others are NOT allowed to attend practices.
When will players be notified if they have been chosen for Randolph Travel Basketball?
* Every effort will be made to notify all players by October 28, 2016. Selections will be posted on the website randolphyouthbasketball.com and notifications will be sent via email. Please make sure all parent information on registration forms is accurate and legible - your notification depends upon it.
How much will the program cost?
* The cost per player for the 2016/17 season is $185. Other towns may charge up $300.00. The fee pays for game time gym rental, referees, uniforms, equipment, insurance, and league fees.
Who coaches the players?
* All players are coached by town volunteers who are CORI checked.
e: email@example.com www.RandolphYouthBasketball.com